Question:
Whats the best place to eat in Austin, Texas?
sball124
2006-06-07 20:58:26 UTC
I love Cajun food....but what are the best places to eat in Texas? Steak....anything my boyfriend LOVES steak. Also, is Riverside a good area to live in? Im interested in the college apartments, is it a good area?? Im moving from Caliofrnia to Austin in August.
Five answers:
shhheket
2006-06-08 20:53:43 UTC
A. Best places to eat steak:

1. Sullivan's Steak House - 300 Colorado St, Austin, 78701 - (512) 495-6504

2. Ruth's Chris Steak House - 107 W 6th St, Austin, 78701 - (512) 477-7884

3. Fleming's Steak House - 320 E 2nd St, Austin, 78701 - (512) 457-1500

4. Capital City Steakhouse - 300 S. Congress, Austin, 78701- (512) 480-8797

5. Austin Land & Cattle Co. - 1205 N. Lamar - (512) 472-1813

B. City Guide:

1. http://www.austin-chamber.org/

2. http://www.austinchronicle.com/gbase/Guides/index

Good luck with your move.
2006-06-11 13:41:14 UTC
In Austin, I would eat steaks, BBQ or Mexican.

First try a steakhouse that also has Cajun food: Fleming's Prime Steakhouse

Fleming’s is pretty sophisticated for a steakhouse. The interior is oh-so-contemporary, and the wine list covers some 100 varieties available by the glass, a selection far superior to that of a steak joint on the highway with a giant neon bull out front. But it’s still the real deal: Fleming’s and its food have won praise from fans of fine beef throughout Austin. Rib- eye, prime New York strip, T-bones and other varieties are moderately priced and done right. Take a look at the seafood before you decide. The crab cakes and salmon bruschetta are nice, but the Wicked Cajun BBQ Shrimp are much more memorable, particularly if your tongue can’t take spicy food. Among side dishes, the potatoes stand out, and the tomato mozzarella cheese salad makes a fine addition to any choice cut. For dessert, go with the Cinnamon Apple Haystack, a mound of vanilla ice cream, caramel, cinnamon and apples.
2006-06-07 22:43:19 UTC
For Cajun you might try Gumbo's.

But my all time favorite restaurant is Eddie V's on 5th and San Jacinto downtown. They have great fresh seafood and serve prime steaks. If you want the best of both, try the 8 oz filet Oscar style, it got lump crab meat and Bearnaise sauce.

There are much nicer places to live in Austin other than Riverside. It's inexpensive there, but there is a reason for that. Use an on-line apartment locator and look for a place in the Zilker or Barton Creek area. It's more expensive, but much, much nicer.
texandiva2006
2006-06-13 12:33:22 UTC
texas land and cattle company off of I-35 is pretty good
2016-08-23 03:28:50 UTC
Wow! thankyou! I was asking myself the same thing today