Question:
\why did owen's restaurant in austin, tx close?
ajurado@sbcglobal.net
2006-03-24 20:40:38 UTC
\why did owen's restaurant in austin, tx close?
Six answers:
heatherfaerie
2006-03-24 20:42:00 UTC
because of rats
DrK
2006-03-25 04:46:33 UTC
Perhaps this is the reason..I found this review on google.

One of the worst dining experiences ever!

Posted by loganbaines on 02/19/2005

I did not expect much while dining at Owen's, but let me tell you this place was horrible! The waiter was extremely rude, and even made comments about me and the things I ordered (chicken fried steak with the gravy on the side isnt that big of a deal!) to the cook. I was seated so close to the kitchen that I heard everything they said! My steak was tough, although a reddish brown liquid oozed out everytime I cut into it (grease or blood...I don't want to know!) Needless to say I didn't eat it, and the waiter seemed shocked and offended that I hadn't touched my food. The restaurant has a nice down home atmosphere but the food lacked the home-cooked taste and the waiters definately need a lesson in Southern hospitality. Don't waste your money at Owens!

Pros: Inexpensive, Not crowded

Cons: Bad Food, Rude Waiters

Overall user rating: Not Recommended
wild_orchid_tx36
2006-03-30 19:02:50 UTC
Owen's was a chain restaurant and the entire chain has closed.
2006-03-25 04:41:57 UTC
Probably the roaches
2006-03-25 16:23:27 UTC
rats and roaches